Sunday, June 26, 2011

Social Concerns Column for June 26, 2011

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'  -- Matthew 25:35-36

Livermore Homeless Refuge Clothing Collection, This Weekend, June 25-26
Please place your donations in the boxes at the entrances to the church.

Men’s and women’s gently used summer clothing:
shirts, shorts, jeans, shoes, hats

Men’s and women’s undergarments:
socks, underwear, T-shirts, bras

Personal hygiene items:
soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes

Bob and Donna McKenzie, Livermore Homeless Refuge Supply Coordinators, serve at the shower facilities for Livermore’s homeless at Vineyard Church and Asbury Church.  They see a need for gently used summer clothing, undergarments and personal hygiene items.  Both men and women are homeless.  Just think how nice it will be for our homeless to have clean clothes after a shower.  For next winter, we need gently used sleeping bags.  For more information, contact the McKenzies at 443-7398 or cell 895-4167.

Out of Town?  Missed the Clothing Drive?  
No Problem!  Volunteers will come to you!  
Contact the McKenzies at 443-7398 or cell 895-4167.

He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry.  The LORD sets prisoners free.  -- Psalm 146:7

No comments:

Post a Comment